Help keep your pet cool this summer with these awesome, tasty & healthy doggie popsicle treats! By using your imagination a bit you can create some really tasty ice cold treats for your furry friends to enjoy on sunny hot days!
Apple Honey Pupsicles
- Mix about 200mls of plain organic yoghurt with 2 tablespoons of organic peanut butter and raw organic honey
- Dice an apple up into tiny pieces and add to the yoghurt mixture
- Pop the above mixture into popsicle moulds or ice trays, freeze and serve! Yum!
- Boil about 2 organic chicken breasts in 400mls of water. You can add some organic chicken or vegetable stock.
- Once the chicken is ready remove it and dice it into very small pieces. Add it back to the water stock mixture. Stir, and once cooled pour it into popsicle moulds and pop it into the freezer.
- You can get quite creative here by adding some spirulina, diatomaceous earth, turmeric powder and a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil, olive oil or flax seed oil to the mixture for extra health benefits!
Bacon Pupsicles (What a porky treat!)
- Dice the bacon and cook it up. Once cooled down, mix in 2 cups of organic plain yoghurt. Add about half a cup of water to make the mixture a bit less solid
- Add 2 tablespoons of organic raw honey to the above mixture and stir in well. You can add a few carrots or your pet’s favourite veg or fruit to the above!
- Pour the above mixture into moulds and freeze. We are sure your dogs will lick it all up in no time!
The above doggie popsicle recipes are merely ideas. You can use whatever your pooch enjoys eating – you know them better than we do!
For questions or comments please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always here to help and advise the best natural ways for you to care for your pet.