Unlike animals in the wild, our dogs and cats depend on us to care for their health! .
It is no secret, with GMO and mass farming methods on the rise, that even tasty cooked meals prepared by yourself for your pet, could be lacking essential vitamins and minerals and most of our table vegetables and fruits (non-organic), do not have the same nutritional content as they did a few decades ago! This makes it important to supplement your pet’s diet with the very best health supplements – just as you do with your two-legged family!
Your pet relies on you to make the best decisions for them, especially when it comes to their health, so if you asked me if I thought it was necessary to give your pet supplements I would have to agree!
Some of our top picks
- A superfood like Spirulina has many health benefits but a main one is that it can help increase the production of antibodies, infection-fighting proteins, and other cells that improve immunity and help ward off infection and chronic illnesses such as cancer. We recommend our Spirulina Sprinkles. Easy to administer, you simply sprinkle them over your pet’s meals.
- Try adding a good multivitamin to your pet’s diet. We recommend Everypet Formula or Vondi’s Multi-Vitamin Supplement because they have various essential vitamins and minerals that are often lost in processed food.
- A good skin and coat tonic will not only help restore healthy skin but will improve your pet’s skin functioning and strengthen the hair shaft and follicle. All pets deserve to have hassle free skin health!
- By adding flax seed oil to your pet’s diet, rich in all essential Omega’s, you can help your pet if they are battling with arthritis and painful joints. Flax seed oil is also great for your pet’s skin health.
- Tissue salts are wonderful for pets. They could help assist in keeping your pet’s bones and teeth strong, strengthen the blood and can be a great all round health tonic for your pet.
- Our Immunity and Liver Support is an excellent all round tonic for your pet, helping to strengthen the immune system and protect against illness. It will also improve your pet’s liver health and aid in the elimination of toxin build up.
- Did you know that coconut oil is a great supplement for your pet? It will help aid digestion and help promote skin and coat health. Make sure it’s organic and cold pressed!
- As you know gut health is vital for healthy living, not only for us but also for our pets! Giving your pet a nutritional supplement like Canigest which is a combination of a probiotic, pre-biotics, glutamine, kaolin and pectin will help to support digestive health and prevent digestive problems. Rather be safe than sorry!
A note on pet food! It is always best to give your pet the same quality of food that you feed yourself. Overprocessed commercial foods frankly just don’t cut it when it comes to the health of your fur kids!. Our pets are very sensitive beings both emotionally and physically. Here are some suggestions from the Feelgood Health team
- You can feed your pet healthier food options like healthy treats
- DoggObone Raw Food (due to its frozen nature it can be purchased directly from our store in Unit 6, Westlake Lifestyle Centre, Westlake),
- Vondi’s frozen healthy cooked meals
- Grandma Lucy’s Freeze Dried Dog food, that has the same nutritional content as raw food, except it is freeze dried, which means it is very convenient especially when travelling, you literally just need to add water to it!.