With lovely warm weather comes pesky fleas and ticks! While commercial chemical based flea and tick treatments can do the job, natural tick and flea products can also go a long way to keeping your pets flea and tick free – without the health risks. Feelgood Pets offers a range of natural flea and tick products that are made from Khakibos – an ingredient used to naturally repel fleas and ticks. For those of you who enjoy creating and making your own natural products, why not try making your very own DIY natural tick and flea repellent? All you will need are a few natural ingredients and voila, you have your very own effective natural tick and flea repellent to use on your dog with zero side effects. Imagine that!
- 300mls boiling water
- A few lemon slices
- 3 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 3 drops Citronella Essential Oil
- 1/2 cup Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- 2 drops Clove Essential Oil or Cedarwood Essential Oil
NOTE: This DIY tick and flea treatment is NOT suitable for cats, who can be negatively affected by essential oils.
- Pour the boiling water over the lemon slices and allow this mixture to steep overnight
- Remove the lemon slices and add the essential oils and ACV to the lemon water
- Pour the mixture into a glass spray bottle and keep refrigerated
- Use at least twice a week or as required
TIP – For easy apply application, squirt some of the spray into the palm of your hands and then rub it through your pet’s fur – don’t forget to gently rub it on the face area avoiding the sensitive eye area.
We hope we have helped to keep your pet as flea and tick free as possible by sharing this recipe with you! For questions and comments please do not hesitate to contact us.