At Feelgood Pets we believe that ALL pets deserve loads of love and of course healthy treat spoils! It is a really kind gesture to bake your best furrend some well deserved treats. Not just any treats, treats that are packed full of the good immune boosting stuff. Spirulina is a very healthy addtion to your pet's diet. Not only does spirulina contain many essential vitamins, anti-oxidants and essential oils, it also promotes skin health, a healthy digestion and general well-being. You can get even more creative and add organic turmeric powder (powerful anti-oxidant), diatomaceous earth (good at keeping parasites at bay) and Vondi's multi-vitamin for pets (excellent general tonic for pets) as well. The choice is yours!
Below are some really nice immune boosting biscuit and pup cake recipes for you to try and share with all our love. We are very sure that your pet will really appreciate these yummy healthy pet treats!
Spirulina Immune Boosting Pet Biscuit Treats
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 free range egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 tsp Vondi's Spirulina Sprinkle Powder, or Diatomaceous Earth, or Vondi's Multi-Vitamin for pets (You can add all if you choose!)
- 2 tbsp Crede virgin organic coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the whole wheat flour, egg, and water. Mix until dough comes together. You can add more water if needs be.
- Add spirulina powder and organic coconut oil. Continue mixing.
- Form dough into a ball with your hands, making sure all ingredients are incorporated evenly.
- On a lightly floured surface, cut out in any shapes that you desire. A doggy bone cookie cutter might be really cute.
- Place evenly spaced on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until treats are golden brown and crisp to the touch.
- Allow to cool before giving them to your pet to try.
- Store treats in an airtight container.
Spirulina, Pumpkin & Carrot Pup Cakes
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ⅓ cup organic oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt (optional)
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree (optional) You can also use butternut or squash
- ¼ cup Crede organic virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 large free range egg, beaten well
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- organic peanut butter for frosting (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of additionals like turmeric, spirulina, diatomaceous earth or Vondi's multi-vitamin for pets - you decide!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a muffin pan.
- Whisk together the whole-wheat flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the coconut oil, honey, egg, and vanilla extract (optional of course).
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Fold in the grated carrots, pumpkin or squash, then spoon the batter into the prepared pan, filling the cups ⅔ full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the pup cakes to cool completely then frost with peanut butter, if desired.
- NOTE: The batter for these pup cakes will be fairly thick – make sure to fill the cups no more than ¾ full.
- Allow the pup cakes to cool completely before frosting and store them in an airtight container.
- Leftovers can be frozen for up to two months to enjoy at anytime!
We hope that we have given you some delicious ideas to treat your pets the healthy Feelgood Pets way. For questions and comments please do not hesitate to contact us, we are always here to help and advise the best natural way.