The 12 essential tissue salts and their health benefits for pets
An increasing number of people are using biochemic tissue salts (also known as cell salts) as an effective natural remedy to support their health and well-being. But did you know that tissue salts are beneficial for pets too? Yes, tissue salts are gentle and effective enough for dogs, cats, birds, horses, cows and even wild animals! Find out what the 12 tissue salts are and how you can use them to boost your pet's health!
What are tissue salts?
Tissue salts, also known as 'cell salts' or 'biochemic salts' are potent micro-doses of the body’s twelve essential mineral salts that occur naturally in the body to maintain good health. This tissue salt therapy was first developed by a German physician, Dr. Wilhelm Heinrich Schussler, in the 19th century. Dr Schussler believed that most illnesses were caused by an imbalance of these minerals in the body due to factors such as poor nutrition or unhealthy lifestyle!
Tissue salts help the cells of the body to function effectively and promote and regulate vital processes such as digestion, nutrition, water balance, detoxification, elasticity, circulation, sodium-potassium balance, oxygenation, healing and much more! When there is an imbalance of tissue salts in the body, there will be signs of ‘dis-ease’ and the body will develop symptoms of that imbalance. These symptoms can be addressed by taking the appropriate tissue salt as discussed below. By taking the appropriate tissue salt, balance is restored and the body returns to a natural state of health.
Tissue salts are completely natural, safe and effective, and can be taken by adults, children, babies and even pets! Tissue salts are absorbed directly into the cells, thereby restoring balance and harmony in the body. The amazing thing about these salts is that their effects can be felt quickly and best of all, there are NO side effects!
Tissue salts can be used in the treatment of acute conditions AND as a preventive measure. Isn’t this a good enough reason to use tissue salts for your precious pet as well? The good news is that tissue salts are just as effective for pets as they are for humans!
The 12 tissue salts and how they can help animals
- Supports tissue elasticity in joints, skin and the circulatory system
- Improves skin tone as well as chapped, cracked or hardened skin
- Supports musculo-skeletal and joint health, suppleness and flexibility
- Helps with varicose veins, constipation and hemorrhoids (piles)
- Strengthens tooth enamel (excellent for your pet's dental health)
- Excellent supplement for bone and blood disorders
- Helps to prevent anaemia (tip – use Calc Phos together with Ferrum Phos if your pet is anaemic)
- Wonderful for growing animals, strengthens bones and teeth
- Helps with osteoporosis & healing fractured bones
- Reduces a tendency to skin eczema
- Skin cleansing, purifying and rejuvenating
- Systemic cleanser
- Strengthens and maintains the integrity of cell membranes, while preventing premature cell disintegration
- Purifies the blood and helps the liver to remove decaying products from the blood stream
- Helps in conditions associated with the discharge of pus e.g. boils, abscess etc.
- Speeds up wound healing
- Assists with fatigue due to low blood oxygen levels
- Helps with breathlessness
- Assists with frontal or throbbing headaches or other throbbing pains
- Heals & reduces infections due to increased oxygen in the blood (a very good restorative salt for pets recovering from illness)
- Helps anaemia by improving iron absorption
- Excellent daily tissue salt for active animals
- Helps with ear, nose, throat and lung infections
- Relieves sinus congestion and mucous build up
- Relieves eye infections, allergies and itching eyes
- Assists with discharges, including thrush and candida infections
- Helps reduce all soft glandular swellings
- Removes warts and skin tags
- Excellent nervous system tonic
- Relieves exhaustion, irritability & stress
- Calms & reduces anxiety
- Reduces noise or light sensitivity
- Calms and focuses animals with age related memory loss and confusion, as well as those with concentration problems
- Conditions the skin, fur and nails
- Relieves dry, flaky problem skin, eczema and other skin problems
- Treats fungal infections
- Assists with hair loss and dandruff
- Soothes tension, fear and stress
- Helps with neuralgia, neuropathy and headaches
- Relieves digestive cramping
- Relieves muscular pain and cramping
- Stops hiccoughs
- Reduces oedema (swelling)
- Assists with water retention and bloating
- Relieves allergies and hay fever, including sneezing and watering, itchy eyes
- Reduces excessive thirst
- Relieves grief and despondency
- Nourishes and heals dry or weeping skin, bringing balance to the skin
- Brings balance to the digestive system, relieving diarrhea or constipation
- Supports the function of the kidneys and digestive system.
- Relieves painful joints and gout
- Relieves acid reflux, indigestion and heartburn
- Helps constipation, worms and regurgitation
- Supports the function of the colon, hepato-biliary and lymphatic systems
- Relieves nausea
- Reduces hot sweats and water retention
- Assists in the treatment of jaundice
- Rejuvenates, strengthens and beautifies the skin
- Strengthens hair and coat and helps balding, thinning fur
- Helps to treat adrenal fatigue and remove excess cortisol from the system
- Cleanses the skin of boils, abscesses, styes and pimples, reduces scar tissue and keloids
- Reduces the effects of stress and soothes irritability and grumpiness
What dosage of tissue salts should you be giving your pets?
Tissue salts for pets may be taken as a preventative measure as well as to cure your pet's existing condition. Preventative use of tissue salts is usually referred to as a ‘maintenance dose’ and is generally taken 2 – 3 times a day. However, when symptoms are acute, this dose is increased by increasing the frequency of dosage, rather than the amount of tablets. A dog with chronic digestive problems and a sensitive stomach, for example, would use the recommended tissue salts two to three times daily to help maintain digestive health. However, during a flare up of diarrhea or vomiting, the dosage should be increased to an hourly dose, decreasing when the crisis has passed!
The recommended maintenance dosage of tissue salts for dogs, cats, horses and small pets is as follows:
- Small animals and birds = 1 tablet dissolved in water. A third of this is administered three times daily
- Cats and dogs under 5 kg = ½ tablet 3 times per day
- Dogs between 6kg and 20kg = 1 tablet 3 times per day
- Dogs weighing over 20 kg = 2 tablets 3 times per day
- Horses = 5 tablets 3 times a day
Please note that the above dosage is for the AllisOne Tissue Salts. Different brands may have different dosages depending on the size of their tablet.
As you can see, biochemic tissue salts are a gentle, safe and non-toxic treatment alternative for your pet’s overall health. While we have identified five common conditions that will respond well to tissue salts, there are a wide variety of pet ailments that can benefit from tissue salts.
Feelgood Health is proud to supply AllisOne Tissue Salts, which are lactose and sugar free. Each AlisOne Tissue Salt tablet equals 3 or 4 of the tablets of other brands, making them extremely economical! AllisOne supplies the single tissue salts (1 – 12 as above) and a range of combination tissue salts formulated for specific conditions. CLICK HERE for more info.
If you need help deciding which tissue salt to use for your pet, please contact us or leave a comment below for FREE health advice. We always love hearing from you!