Earth Products Non-irradiated Turmeric Powder for Pets - 250g
Turmeric Powder for Pets
Turmeric powder is made from the turmeric root (Curcuma longa). It is a common culinary spice in Indian cuisine and is also used extensively in Ayurvedic medicine, fast making its way to your pet's natural health treasure chest! The main compound found in Turmeric is called Curcumin. Curcumin is a powerful anti-inflammatory and strong antioxidant! Most turmeric found in stores has been irradiated which removes some of the beneficial properties, so make sure that you only use non-irradiated turmeric powder!
- A digestive aid - helps to stimulate the gall bladder to produce more bile
- Can help to treat and prevent cancer - studies have shown that Curcumin can reduce the growth of cancerous cells and growth of new blood vessels in tumors
- Arthritis - given that Curcumin is a potent anti-inflammatory it makes sense it might help your pet who is battling with arthritis and painful joints
- It can also help your pets wounds heal faster due its antibacterial properies!
How to give Turmeric Powder to your pet
Since turmeric doesn’t absorb well on its own in the body, you should mix it with a healthy fat like coconut oil. You can then give it to your pet directly or add it to their food. Always start off by introducing the powder to your pet slowly. You can then increase the dosage based on the response your pet has to it. We recommend following the suggested daily serving guideline below to begin with in accordance with your pet's weight.
- 1 - 5 kgs : Approx. 1/8 tsp. of turmeric powder
- 5 - 10kgs : Approx. 1/4 tsp. of turmeric powder
- 10 - 20 kgs : Approx. 1 tsp. of tumeric powder
- 25 - 50kgs : Approx. 1 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- More than 50 kgs: Approx. 2 tsp turmeric powder
100% Non-irradiated Turmeric Powder
Disclaimer: This product has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness.